Monday, April 24, 2006

Major task_Location


Once highlighted the profile of the user,
I started thinking about the location where
the machine could be placed.
As we can note, there are controversial results,
which show both teen-agers (12-17) and people
in their thirty as the majors users of a service
like that.
Anyway, I found the report from NPD much more
convincing than the other, so I will keep the
olders as profile of my users.

In many countries it's common to find vending
machines almost everywhere (think about japan) and find
inside them every sort of product, from most basic as food to
more complex forms of interteinment.
in those countries it doesn't really matter where the machines
are located... normally they
are placed on the streets, close to bus-metro stations
or in walking areas, but mostly in waiting spaces
and recreation areas.

However, we cannot find this kind of consumistic
culture everywhere.
For those countries, which haven't this inclination, I
individuated some places where people might
need entertainment.
Firstly, I detected waiting rooms
in Train stations and Airport lounge.
I also tought about recreation areas in corporation
buildings and offices ( maybe placing the machine
besides the coffee one...).
Also places like Starbucks interested me, because
a lot of people spend their time there reading,
listening to music and drinking coffee.

Usually in places like hospitals people look for
some kind of entertainment, because life there is
so slow and boring...
but maybe a place like that would requide a specific
design or just a different visual aspect.
I'd really like that a single product could fit without
problem in many different ambients.
I'm looking for the key of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home